What you need to know about GoodRx's plans to go public
Welcome to Dispensed Daily, your daily dose of healthcare news from Business Insider's healthcare editor Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer and the healthcare team. Subscribe here to get this newsletter in your inbox every weekday.
Welcome to Dispensed, Business Insider's healthcare newsletter.
I'm Megan Hernbroth, the most recent addition to Business Insider's healthcare team where I'll be covering startups and venture capital. I'm guest hosting today's edition from my home base in San Francisco. If you are working on something interesting in digital health, or are funding someone that is, please reach out and let me know at [email protected]
Here's what's happening in healthcare: GoodRx is the latest healthcare startup that filed to go public, UnitedHealth Group's $600 million VC arm is making big bets on digital health startups, and we profiled the powerful people shaping Trump's healthcare agenda.
Digital health startup GoodRx is going public, and we dug through the 185-page filing to find 6 crucial details about the company's plans to provide affordable, direct-to-consumer care
- GoodRx, a digital health company that offers prescription discounts, filed to go public Friday.
- GoodRx is just the latest in a larger startup parade towards public markets, with telehealth startup American Well filing to go public last week.
- We read the 185-page filing to find 6 critical details about the company's plans to take on affordable healthcare.
Read my full story here>>
The biggest US health insurer has a $600 million VC arm that places bets on the future of healthcare. Here are Optum Ventures' 12 biggest investments.
- Optum Ventures is a $600 million venture fund associated with UnitedHealth Group, the biggest health insurer in the US.
- The fund launched in 2017 and has invested in 29 startups since its founding, with a focus on digital health, a spokesman confirmed to Business Insider.
- The fund regularly reinvests in its portfolio companies, according to Pitchbook data, including at-home testing startup LetsGetChecked.
- Here are the 12 biggest investments Optum Ventures has participated in over the last 3 years.
Read my full story here>>
POWER PLAYERS: Meet the most powerful people shaping Trump's healthcare agenda
- President Donald Trump has released a seven-point agenda on healthcare for his second term, and a four-point list of goals for ending the coronavirus pandemic by 2021.
- During his presidency he has leaned on several players to craft the details of healthcare policy, whether it be in Congress, within his administration, or outside of it.
- Democrats think they have the edge on healthcare, and are running against Trump's record on handling the coronavirus pandemic — and his attacks on the Affordable Care Act — heading into Election Day.
Read the full story from Kimberly Leonard here>>
More stories we're reading:
- Children with asymptomatic coronavirus cases could shed the virus for weeks, a study found (Business Insider)
- Iowa sees record 2,579 coronavirus cases, with 79% positivity rate (The Gazette)
- Employers are planning how to blunt the cost of gene therapies, pricey new specialty drugs (Stat News)
- Amazon is diving into the wearables market with new Halo wristband (Business Insider)
- Elon Musk trots out pigs in demo of Neuralink brain implants (The Verge)
Thanks for reading!
Source: Read Full Article