Can you use WhatsApp without a SIM Card? | The Sun
WHATSAPP is the most popular messaging app in the world, so it's hard not to feel left out if you haven't got access yet.
If you haven't downloaded over a lack of a SIM card, fear not, because you can still make use of the messaging app.
Can WhatsApp work without SIM number?
It can – and it's easy to set up.
All you need to make use of WhatsApp without a SIM number is an Android tablet, iPad or PC.
These devices normally don't have a SIM card, however, it doesn't mean that you can't make use of your account.
How to use WhatsApp without a SIM card
To use Whatsapp without a SIM card you can use an existing landline.
READ MORE ON WHATSAPP
iPhone has hidden ‘texting hack’ – WhatsApp users need to try it today
WhatsApp has two hidden upgrades you can claim for free
To do so:
- Open WhatsApp on the device that you'll be making use of
- Enter your home phone or landline number
- Wait for the verification by SMS to indicate that it failed – it should take five minutes
- After the SMS failure, you can choose the option 'Call Me'
- Click it and you should get a phone call on your home phone landline
- The automated call will tell you a verification code and it will repeat it for six time for you take note of it
- Enter it in WhatsApp were indicated
- You're ready to make calls and send chats
How to set up WhatsApp with a VOIP number
A VOIP is a voice over internet protocol that uses an internet connection to make and receive calls instead of an international landline.
You don't need a phone number to contact someone, you simply need an internet connection.
Most read in Tech
Is Spotify down? Music fans furious as app 'breaks'
Sky customers receive another free upgrade – and telly fans will love it
Search your Android phone for 3 'dangerous' icons right now – no time to lose
iPhone and Android users warned over ‘dangerous’ app that could cost you dearly
This is mostly used by businesses, as they'll have many calls going out and coming in from international numbers and so it might be easier to use a VOIP rather than a landline.
Before setting up WhatsApp, you will need to purchase a VOIP phone system and you can do so from tech shops such as Currys and Argos.
Now you're ready to set up WhatsApp and with the VOIP, you can even download WhatsApp Business.
To do so:
- Open WhatsApp on the device you'll be using it
- Enter the VOIP you'll be using
- Choose to receive a call rather than SMS
- The call will give you a verification code to enter
- You're ready to use WhatsApp once verified
Latest tips and tricks for social media apps
Social media apps like Facebook, TikTok and WhatsApp have become vastly popular – but are always hiding new features or leading viral trends. So here are some of the best things to know…
- How do you go live on TikTok?
- How to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp?
- How do you deactivate your Instagram account?
- How do you download a Facebook video?
- How do you get dark mode on Snapchat?
- How do you delete a Twitter account?
- What does one tick mean on WhatsApp?
- What does the Medusa tattoo mean on TikTok?
- What are Snapchat streaks?
- How do you change your name on Facebook?
- How do you change your Instagram password?
- Who owns Twitter?
Source: Read Full Article