Obama ‘Ebola Czar’ Names Donald Trump Traits That Are Deadly Combination Amid Pandemic
Three of President Donald Trump’s worst character traits are proving to be catastrophic for the U.S. amid the coronavirus pandemic, Ronald Klain argued on Wednesday.
Klain, who former President Barack Obama charged with leading the U.S. response to the Ebola crisis, told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace that Trump’s “narcissism, incompetence and ideology” were “sadly, a very deadly combination for our country” right now.
He also ripped the “bad decisions, bad leadership, bad coordination” from the Trump White House “that have plagued this problem.”
“I think the president doesn’t want to use the full powers of the office to command the private sector to produce these tests because how he thinks that’s socialism or something crazy like this,” he said.
Klain also rejected the suggestion that Trump’s attitude toward the public health crisis may be about to change.
“If people are waiting for Donald Trump to change, they’re gonna wait a long time,” he said. “He hasn’t changed in three years, and he hasn’t changed over the course of this response.” He noted Trump has “tried to happy talk the thing away” repeatedly over the last four months.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article