‘You Do Not Want This’: Chris Cuomo Describes Worst Part Of His Coronavirus Infection
CNN’s Chris Cuomo returned to the airwaves on Tuesday evening hours after revealing that he had been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus.
“You do not want this,” he told viewers.
Earlier in the day, he wrote on social media that he had been experiencing fever, chills and shortness of breath days after being exposed to people who later found out they had the virus.
Speaking on the air Tuesday evening, he said he felt fine ― but indicated his real concern is that he may have gotten a family member sick.
“You can understand how sickening that is to me as a husband and a father,” he said.
Cuomo is broadcasting from his basement, where he has quarantined himself from the rest of his family.
He said he was hesitant to talk about himself because his experience is “so small” compared to what so many others are facing.
“This is a fight,” he said. “It’s going to get worse. We’re going to suffer. And you have to accept that not with fear but with almost a fanatical sense of passion to fight because that’s the only way you ever made it through anything hard in your life, and this will be no different.”
See his full segment below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Europe is facing lockdown fatigue. Could it happen here?
- I just got out of a COVID-19 ICU. Here’s how I made it through.
- How to make a no-sew coronavirus face mask
- Avoiding going to the store? Here’s how to order groceries online.
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- There’s a simple game that can stop a tantrum cold
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism – and keep it free for everyone – by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article